Sure, bag sales sound like a stellar way to stretch your dollars, but if the bulk of items offered are only fit for actual garbage bags, they can be a frustrating waste of your time. Luckily, that’s not the going to be the case with the upcoming Bag Sale slated for this Saturday at Prospect Presbyterian Church. Connie Cosgrove and the Prospect Presbyterian Women allowed me in for a sneak peek to prove it:
As the attached pics attest- even discerning shoppers will score some stellar selections to happily stuff into $5 bags (make that $10 bags for the ‘Designer Salon’, priced as marked in the furniture department or the antique/upscale ‘Tiffany Boutique’). Sure, there’s definite filler to be found, but I also spied name brand clothing, accessories and shoes for all family members. Housewares, bric-a-brac, home décor, linens, toys, games, books and sport equipment sections also sported some great finds.
Here’s the inside scoop on some of the goods that’ll basically be given away this Saturday:
- Women’s Shoes- a sassy assortment of pumps and boots with noteworthy labels like J.Crew, Michael Kors and Bandolino
- Designer duds sprinkled in with everyday pieces- including terrific tops by Liberty of London, French Connection and Gap galore and some fashion forward hoodies and jackets
- Kids’ outerwear from Gap, Land’s End and LLBean
- Name brand jeans in all sizes and styles for all
- An impressive selection of Men’s suits, shirts and outerwear
- Skates, cleats and golf clubs in great condition
- Eye-catching pillows and textiles
In addition to rock-bottom buys on home furnishing and goods, you’ll also find a $10 Bag high-end clothing section (where I found mint blazers by Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor) and a ‘Tiffany Boutique’ filled with antique pieces, mirrors and light fixtures, most for $20 or LESS.
In short- some sincerely great stuff to stuff bags with at ANY price- and all proceeds benefit local and global charities.
What: $5 Bag Sale Bonanza
Where: Prospect Presbyterian Church, 646 Prospect Church, Maplewood (corner of Prospect Street and Tuscan Road) For more information call (973) 763-2090 / www.prospectchurch.org
Why: It’s a true win, win: you’ll snare some savvy finds, save a bundle and benefit others.