EURO 2012: Places to Catch the Big Game
Portugal, Spain square off for chance at European crown
It’s the Battle of the Peninsula, and the pubs, lounges and restaurants of the East Ward in Newark are ready.
Home to thousands of residents of Iberian descent, a number of venues in the Ironbound plan to be showing the European Championship soccer semifinals between Spain and Portugal tomorrow. The game will be broadcast on ESPN at 2:45 pm.
The winner of what is expected to be a shootout between two high-powered offenses advances to the European championships.
If you feel like rooting for your team while enjoying good food, a few cocktails and the company of fellow fans, here’s a list of some of the neighborhood places that will be showing tomorrow’s game:
1. Bello’s Pub, 376 Market St., 973-465-0052. Happy hour prices on drinks.
2. Blitz Sports Bar, 179 Wilson Ave., 973-465-1313. Domestic drafts $2, other beer specials
3. Hell’s Kitchen Lounge, 150 Lafayette St., 973-465-4422. Half price on draft beer, $5 well drinks.
4. Mompou Tapas Lounge, 77 Ferry St., 973-578-8114.
5. Garden Sports Bar, 51 Pacific St., 973-465-0005
6. Madrid & Lisbon, 325 Lafayette St., 973-589-5539. Specials TBA on day of game.
7. Spanish Sangria, 157 Magazine St., 973-344-9286. No specials tomorrow but specials are planned for the finals if Spain advances.
8. Spanish Tavern, 103 McWhorter St., 973-589-4959.
9. Allegro Seafood Grill. 58 Kossuth St., 973-344-4500.
Where will you be checking out the game? Tell us in the comments!