South Orange Patch has been around for three years. But some people are just catching on. If you've been with us from the start, thank you. And if you're new, welcome! To those newbies, here are a few things about South Orange Patch you'll want to keep in mind.
- Comment on an Article: We subscribe to the idea that "news is a conversation." Much of our reporting will emanate from what readers tell us in emails, comments on our sites and in conversations around town. Share your thoughts and reactions to our articles by posting a comment directly below each story.
- Ask a Question: So maybe you want to know when that pothole is going to get fixed, or maybe you're curious about when a restaurant is opening, or why are so many people downtown. You are always welcome to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Contribute to the Neighborhood Gallery: This is one of our newest features and we're pretty excited about it. Since South Orange Patch is just as much your site as it is ours, we want you to directly contribute as often as possible. This is just another new way to do that. Upload your awesome shots to the site. It's easy!
- Post an Event: Do you know of a seminar going on at the South Orange Public Library? Or maybe there is an exhibit being shown at SOPAC. Is there a garage sale or graduation ceremony coming up? If it's not on our Patch calendar, it should be. Feel free to add events to our site here.
- Send a News Tip: At the bottom of the homepage, there's a link that says, "Send Us News Tips." Tell us about stories we should cover. Your tip will be sent straight to Scott Egelberg, South Orange Interim Editor.
- Post an Announcement: Post births, engagements and wedding announcements. Tell us who made the honor roll or share school awards, social notes and thank you shout outs. If you're looking for volunteers or searching for your lost dog, we welcome you to call on your community for help. Just remember, our Terms of Service say announcements should be for personal use and not for advertising.
- Share Your Voice: Got something to say about life in South Orange or news to spread? Need a forum for your community group? Just eager to share your views? Click here to learn how to become a South Orange Patch blogger.