HK Project Sandy Relief Effort Continues Saturday
Drop off holiday toys, school supplies and food at the Woman's Club from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This article originally ran on Nov. 19; it has been updated.
HK initiated the HK Project Hurricane Sandy Relief Donation Center, located at the Maplewood Woman’s Club (60 Woodland Ave., Maplewood), to collect donations of school supplies, non-perishable foods, holiday gifts and baby clothes. (See complete list below)
The drive continues this Saturday and next Saturday.
Since then, HK has partnered with community-based organizations in those New Jersey communities hit hardest by the storm, including:
- Union Beach, NJ – Memorial Middle School which lost everything, Manna House Women and Children’s Homeless Shelter and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church.
- Asbury Park - The Asbury Park Salvation Army is directly involved in helping the needs of the community of Asbury Park who were devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
- Bayonne, NJ -Reverend Rosemarie Cohen Harran of the Highways of Bayonne a non-profit a private, non-profit organization dedicated to providing services for the handicapped and the disadvantaged in Bayonne struggling after the storm.
The families and children in these communities need donations of food, toys and stocking stuffers for the holidays. Specific donation items needed include:
* School supplies – 1 ½ inch binders. notebooks, paper tablets
* Food supplies – Non perishables
* Holiday Toys – Tonka Trucks, K-Nex, Beyblads & Arenas, Baby Dolls, including those of Hispanic & Black Ethnicities, Nerf Guns, Board Games, Dora the Explorer Dolls, Ematic eSport Clips, * Craft Kits for girls ages 10 to 12 and learning & sensory toys for children 0 to 3 years.
* Baby Clothes – boys & girls up to 24 months
For more information, contact Amy Jo Curran, HK Project's Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.