Police Blotter: Stolen Copper Wire, Bulk Package of Tea
The following arrest information was provide by the South Orange Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- A North Ridgewood Road homeowner said sometime between Dec. 1 and Dec. 12, someone entered the vacant home via a rear basement window and removed copper piping. The incident was reported this week.
- An Irving Avenue resident said sometime between Dec. 30 and Jan. 3, someone removed a package delivered to his home by FedEx. The stolen package contained a bulk order of tea.
- A teacher at the Clark Street School said on Jan. 4, at approximately 1 p.m., someone went into her pocketbook, which was left on her desk in her classroom, and removed $40.
- A teacher at the Clark Street School said on Jan. 4, at approximately 2 p.m., she had left her Apple iPhone charging under her desk in her classroom and when she returned to it a short time later, she discovered it had been stolen.
- Veronica Rushing, a 26-year-old Newark resident, was arrested on Jan. 5 at approximately 1:50 a.m. for driving while under the influence. She was seen by a patrolling officer speeding and swerving in her 2001 Ford. During the stop, the officer was able to determine she was under the influence and as a result was placed under arrest, transported to police headquarters and processed.
- A 17-year-old juvenile was arrested on Jan. 5, at approximately 5:45 p.m., after he was seen smoking a marijuana cigarette by a detective while walking on South Orange Avenue in the area of the South Orange Middle School.