South Orange Police Blotter: Traffic Arrest, Stolen Saw
The following arrest information was supplied by the South Orange police department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- A Maplewood juvenile was arrested on April 3, at approximately 3:45 p.m., after an investigation conducted by the detective bureau revealed that the juvenile committed a burglary from a house on Coudert Place.
- A 15 year old juvenile was arrested on April 5, at 6:15 p.m., after failing to comply with a lawful order by an officer. The officer was on scene investigating an incident at the intersection of South Orange Avenue and Fairview Avenue. The juvenile was transported to Police Headquarters and processed accordingly for Obstruction.
- Robert Chandler Jr., 26, of Millburn was arrested on April 6 at 11:52 a.m. on a charge of driving with a suspended license and the discovery of numerous traffic warrants issued for his arrest. He was arrested following a motor vehicle stop on South Orange Avenue.
- A Raymond Avenue resident said that sometime during the evening of April 7, someone removed a Stihl concrete saw from his porch. The saw is valued at approximately $900.
- Elver Vasquez, 27, of Newark was arrested on April 7 at 11:55 p.m. after someone spotted him kicking in the window of Texas Weiner on South Orange Avenue. The witness dialed 9-1-1- and after a quick search, officers arrested Vasquez a few blocks away. He was positively identified by the witness and as a result was taken into custody and processed accordingly.