South Orange Police Blotter: Underage Drinking Arrest, Outstanding Warrant Arrests
The following arrest information was supplied by the South Orange police department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- Clayton Mitchell, 46, of South Orange was arrested on March 15, at approximately 3:10 p.m., after officers arrived on the scene of an active home alarm on Berkley Ave and found Mitchell on the scene. After noticing Mitchell, officers realized he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest issued out of the Essex County Sheriff's Department. Mitchell was arrested at the scene without incident and processed accordingly.
- Frankie Jordan, 57, of Newark was arrested on March 15, at approximately 2:30 p.m. for shoplifting at the Pathmark. Jordan was seen removing cans of baby formula from a shelf and attempting to leave the store without paying for them. Jordan was arrested at the scene without incident and processed accordingly. Jordan also had an outstanding warrant issued for his arrest out of the City of Newark.
- Erik Douds, 20, of South Orange was arrested on March 17 at 9:22 p.m. after he was seen by officers exiting a liquor store located on Valley St. in possession of alcohol. Douds was arrested at the scene without incident and processed accordingly.
- On March 17, at approximately 9:45 p.m., officers responded to an activated house alarm on Mayhew Ct. Officers discovered that the house had been broken into by someone who broke open a window on the back door. Once inside, the person(s) ransacked a bedroom, removing articles of jewelry before fleeing the area. Officers, along with the Essex County K-9 unit, tracked the suspect's passage through several yards until losing the scent on Crest Circle.
- Shayla Bullock, 23, of Union was arrested on March 19 at approximately 6:50 p.m. after she was found assaulting her boyfriend at a Cottage St. residence. Bullock was placed under arrest after officers arrived on the scene and found Bullock with a knife and threatening her boyfriend. The subject was placed into custody at the scene and processed accordingly.
- A resident of the Irvington Ave. apartment complex said that on the eve of March 19, she saw someone purposely exposing himself in front of his window. The man is described as a tall white male. The matter is under investigation at this time.
- A 22 year old Newark resident was robbed by two men at 6:48 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20, while the three men were walking together on Varsity Road near So. Centre Street. The victim described the men as black with one wearing a white shirt and black pants and the other wearing a red bandana, blue T-shirt and black pants. The victim also said that one of the men had an earring in his ear. Police searched the area, but did not find anyone matching the descriptions. The victim was transported to the hospital for injury to his eye.