Wellness Welcomes Locals for National Women's Health Week
Offerings include making your own superhero, dance, exercise, and more.
Creative writing, line dancing and chess are just some of the workshops being offered by The Wellness Lounge in South Orange soon for National Women's Health Week, which runs from May 13 to 19.
"With the ever changing approach to how women manage family and business, there is a need to engage in lifestyle classes," Desiree Watson, president and CEO of the Wellness Lounge, wrote in an e-mail. "Wellness Interactive’s many classes addressing relaxation, mind, body and spirit embrace women of many backgrounds, culture and surrounding locations."
The classes include:
- Praise Moves, an alternative form of yoga and meditation that uses bibical texts to describe movements. The weekly class will be held 7 p.m. May 14 and 16, and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. May 17, as well as on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The fee is $10 a session and there is a 20 percent discount for a group of ten sessions.
- Line Dancing, a weekly class, will be held 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. The next course is May 24. The fee is $10 a session and there is a 20 percent discount for a group of ten sessions.
- Creative writing through your own superhero, learn comic book creating with Mark Hair, director of the 12 Comics Learning Support Group Program. The class is held 5:30 p.m. May 16 and weekly on Wednesdays. The fee is $90 for four sessions, or $23 per session.
- Express yourself, learn to achieve empowerment through pictures, poems, song, dance and storytelling. The class will be held 6 p.m. May 17 and 24. The fee is $45 per session.
- Bio-identical hormonal therapy, improve your mental and health outlook and an alternative way to deal with post-menopausal symptoms with Dr. Marcia Harris. The class will meet 6:30 p.m. May 17. The fee is $45.
- Creative arts: knitting and crochet, a class with Dr. Genevieve Yarrell-Harris, an educational consultant and psychotherapist. The class will meet 11 a.m. May 19. The fee is $30 and there is a 20 percent discount for a group of six or more workshops.
- Chess for life, learn chess with coach Damon Garrett. The class will meet 12:30 p.m. May 19. The fee is $30 and there is a 20 percent discount for a group of six or more workshops.
- Release the seed fear, learn guided medication with light master teacher, sound healer and reconnective healing practitioner Angela Aim. The class will meet 2 p.m. May 12 and 19. The fee is $45 for one session, $80 for two sessions and $125 for threes sessions
The Wellness Lounge is also a special for new membership sign ups, said Judith Blaylock, the director of business development.
A three-month membership costs $90 and it includes one free workshop and a 10 percent lounge discount. A six-month membership costs $150 and it includes two free workshop and a 15 percent lounge discount. A one-year membership costs $275 and it includes four free workshops, one special event and a 20 percent lounge discount.
All new members will also get free green clean Something Healthy basket, Blaylock said.
The Wellness Lounge is located at 14 South Orange Ave. South Orange. To learn more information or sign up for classes, call 973-275-3868 or visit its website.