Invite a friend
"Fixing the Future" Film at SOPAC
In Fixing the Future, host David Brancaccio (of public radio’s Marketplace and NOW on PBS) visits locations across America that are using sustainable and innovative approaches to create jobs and build prosperity, inspiring hope and renewal amidst economic hardship.
The documentary will be shown on July 18, at Clearview Cinema SOPAC in South Orange, NJ, and in dozens of cities across the country. In this one-night-only event, Essex Time Exchange, a local time bank, joins more than 50 organizations nationally to promote innovative approaches to job creation, stronger communities, and sustainable local economies.
The screening will be followed by onscreen panel discussion featuring
- Bill McKibben: Author, environmentalist, Schumann Distinguished Scholar at Middlebury College
- Majora Carter: Peabody Award winning broadcaster & Urban Revitalization Strategist
- Mike Brady: CEO, Greyston Bakery & social entrepreneur
- David Brancaccio: Host, NOW on PBS
|Where||South Orange Performing Arts Center 1 Trenchard Pl, South Orange, NJ 07079 (Clearview Cinema)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:30 pm–9:30 pm|
More About South Orange Performing Arts Center
The South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) is a world-class performing arts space in the middle of South Orange, featuring music, theater, dance and comedy. In addition to entertainment events, the Center hosts a variety of performing arts education programs including, Performances for Schools, ArtWorks, New Jersey Youth Theatre, TADA! Youth Theater and Lydia Johnson Dance. The facility's loft and theater are available to rent for private functions. There is also a Clearview Cinemas on the ground floor. SOPAC opened in November 2006 and is located next to the South Orange train station and has its own lot, which is used for commuter permit parking during the day.
Other events here
- PRIMAL CONVERGENCE Art Exhibit at SOPAC Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 12:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Youth Orchestra of Essex County Spring Concert Today, May 18, 7:00 pm
- Youth Orchestras of Essex County Today, May 18, 7:00 pm
- GEMS OF SOUTH ORANGE HOUSE TOUR 2013 Today, May 18, 11:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Midtown Direct Rep in the Loft: Imaginary Love by Kait Kerrigan Tomorrow, May 19, 7:00 pm
- CLOSING Reception at SOPAC | PRIMAL CONVERGENCE Art Exhibit Sat, Jun 29, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm