Invite a friend
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars are a group of musicians who escaped the horrific violence of Sierra Leone's civil war, landed in a West African refugee camp and formed a band to keep their spirits up and their hopes alive. From these humble beginnings the band has now grown to be an international musical sensation.
Their live shows (where you can’t stop yourself from dancing) and their musical message have earned them devoted fans around the world. They've known the horrors of war firsthand and have become ambassadors of peace. An unbelievable testament to the human spirit, the journey of Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars exemplifies the universal healing power of music.
|Where||South Orange Performing Arts Center 1 Trenchard Pl, South Orange, NJ 07079|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
More About South Orange Performing Arts Center
The South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) is a world-class performing arts space in the middle of South Orange, featuring music, theater, dance and comedy. In addition to entertainment events, the Center hosts a variety of performing arts education programs including, Performances for Schools, ArtWorks, New Jersey Youth Theatre, TADA! Youth Theater and Lydia Johnson Dance. The facility's loft and theater are available to rent for private functions. There is also a Clearview Cinemas on the ground floor. SOPAC opened in November 2006 and is located next to the South Orange train station and has its own lot, which is used for commuter permit parking during the day.
Other events here
- Youth Orchestras of Essex County Today, May 18, 7:00 pm
- Youth Orchestra of Essex County Spring Concert Today, May 18, 7:00 pm
- GEMS OF SOUTH ORANGE HOUSE TOUR 2013 Today, May 18, 11:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Midtown Direct Rep in the Loft: Imaginary Love by Kait Kerrigan Tomorrow, May 19, 7:00 pm
- PRIMAL CONVERGENCE Art Exhibit at SOPAC Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 12:00 pm–6:00 pm
- CLOSING Reception at SOPAC | PRIMAL CONVERGENCE Art Exhibit Sat, Jun 29, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm