Invite a friend
South Orange's National Night Out
South Orange will be celebrating National Night Out (NNO), an event celebrated nationwide involving citizens, public safety agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials in over 15,000 communities.
The evening's lineup includes:
- Live music with Aisle Five
- Kids Zone will feature bounce houses, coloring stations, face painting and a whole host of other activities! And back for his 3rd year - Mr. Kaeshaeffer!
- Learn more about public safety in the Village! - Meet with various public safety departments and learn what you can do to keep yourself, your family and our community safe. Also learn more ways that you can get involved by volunteering on the Citizens Public Safety Committee, the Rescue Squad, Community Emergency Response Team and how you can join your local Neighborhood Watch.
- National Night Out Giveaways! The first 75 kids to attend NNO will receive a free t-shirt. In addition, we'll be handing out glow sticks, punch balls, balloons, hand fans and more!
- Outdoor Movie featuring the Muppets
More About Flood's Hill
Flood's Hill is just down Ridgewood Road from South Orange Middle School and the Duck Pond. It's used for sledding after a heavy snowfall in the winter. Public art exhibits have been installed at Flood's Hill. Concerts and theatrical productions are staged at the foot of the hill (along Meadowbrook Lane) in the summer. It was formerly the site of a Fourth of July fireworks display before the Village discontinued it in 2008 due to budget shortfalls. Flood's Hill runs into Meadowland Park.