The South Orange Village Center Alliance, a non-profit organization of the Special Improvement District, is looking for a new Events and Operations Coordinator, said Executive Director Bob Zuckerman.
According to the job posting, the position has a wide range of responsibilities like event coordination and execution, outreach with merchants, vendors, board members, volunteers and other stakeholders, and general administrative duties providing support for the Executive Director.
The position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week and has a salary range of $35,000 to $40,000 per year.
Applicants should have a Bchelor’s degree (preferably in marketing or events management), excellent communications skills, detail oriented, strong computer skills, a positive attitude and must be a self-starter.
The South Orange Village Center Alliance (SOVCA) is seeking an Events and Operations Coordinator to support the expanding needs of the organization.
This position will have a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to event coordination and execution, outreach with merchants, vendors, board members, volunteers and other stakeholders, and general administrative duties providing support for the Executive Director. This position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week and could be full time. The position is based at SOVCA’s office in South Orange, NJ.
• Coordinate overall details of all SOVCA events, including numerous special events during the year and, during the summer months, weekly Farmers Market and Downtown After Sundown events
• Conduct outreach to event venues and partners
• Assist in recruitment of merchants, vendors and sponsors
• Recruit volunteers for various events
• Compile information packets for all events and SOVCA meetings
• Correspond with vendors, volunteers, board members, sponsors and other stakeholders
• Maintain database of vendors, volunteers, sponsors and attendees
• Assist Executive Director in fiscal management of events budget, including collecting and tracking revenue as well as expenses for all events
• Coordination of event marketing and public relations
• Provide on-site management, including setup and tear down, of SOVCA events in collaboration with Executive Director
• Track event data and submit reports to board and staff
• Along with Executive Director, conduct outreach to merchants, property owners, Village Hall employees, board members and other stakeholders as necessary
• Update and regularly maintain contact information of all merchants and property owners within the Special Improvement District
• Regularly update and maintain SOVCA website with events, announcements, new businesses and commercial space for rent
• Develop and implement a social media plan through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to promote SOVCA and our activities and events
• Work with Executive Director and graphic designers on the design and update of all printed and digital materials
• Maintain and manage QuickBooks file
• Handle day to day financial transactions, including writing checks and making deposits
• Manage other administrative duties including responsibility for mail, phones, ordering office supplies and maintaining five informational kiosks throughout the Village
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or events management
• Excellent communications skills
• Must be detail-oriented with solid organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Must know or be willing to learn QuickBooks, Constant Contact and social media platforms
• Positive attitude and excellent people skills
• Must be a self-starter who is able to excel as part of a two-member team work environment
• Willing to work some nontraditional hours for events and meetings as needed
Total compensation for this position is in the range of $35,000 - $40,000 per year.
To apply, please email a current resume and cover letter by Thursday, January 30th to:
Bob Zuckerman, Executive Director
No phone calls please.