Five things you need to know today:
1. If you’re thinking about running for Village President or for a Trustee position, you have until 4 p.m. today to file your candidate petition at Village Hall. The municipal election will be held Tuesday, May 10. Check back later today to find out who’s making a run at it.
2. The Village Board of Trustees meets in a special meeting at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Village Hall and its conference meeting at 8 p.m. Here's the agenda for the special meeting and the agenda for the conference meeting.
3. Need help using the computer? With laptops set up at the South Orange Public Library, librarians will demonstrate and answer your questions today at 10 a.m.
4. The Library reports that the first two months of its Lego Club have been a big success. This afternoon's meeting is for children ages 6 to 8 and begins at 3:45 p.m. Kids 9 and older will have to wait two more weeks until their meeting.
5. If you are interested in what’s going on and coming up at SOPAC, mark your calendars for Wednesday, when you can attend a community forum at the SOPAC loft. Members of the SOPAC Board of Governors, as well as Executive Director Michael Bollinger and the SOPAC staff will be on hand to present ideas for the upcoming year and take questions from the community. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. in the loft on the 3rd floor.