A group of young athletes took the challenge Saturday with laps around South Orange Pool, a bike ride through Meadowland Park and the West Montrose neighborhood, concluding their journey at the duck pond in Meadowland Park.
Kids in the 7-8 age bracket swam 50 yards, biked 1.25 miles and ran 1/3 of a mile. Kids in the 9-10 bracket swam 100 yards, biked 2 miles and ran 2/3 of a mile.
Those in the 11-12 age bracket swam 150 yards, biked 3.5 miles and ran 1 mile. Participants in the 13-14 bracket swam 200 yards, biked 4.25 miles and ran 1 1/3 mile.
The top three winners in each age bracket, divided by gender and listed from first to third are as follows:
- Ages 7-8: Ariella Elman, Lily Westhelle and Sophia Tsioulcas
- Ages 9-10: Sydney Mannion, Jillian Canning and Izzy Brody-Kaplan
- Ages 11-12: Sophie Lawrence, Zoe Lynch and Nava Levene-Harvell
- Ages 13-14: Marie Fagan, Chloe Lawrence and Lilly-Anne Kalderen
- Ages 7-8: Elkan Pleat, Miller Nelson and Yael Ben-Adi
- Ages 9-10: Tyler Headley, Robin Kalderen and Gavin Swanson
- Ages 11-12: Aidan Dwyer, Aidan Boyer and Joachim Santiago
- Ages 13-14: Saverio Kaufman, Ruben Artzi and Elias Verdun