The warning was in effect until 6 a.m. Wednesday, the NWS said.
SOMA Schools Closed WednesdayAll Schools and Offices will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 22, the district announced.
The Township of South Orange Village is reminding residents on proper procedure to follow during a snowstorm.
Cars should be parked in driveways and not in the street and residents should never blow or shovel snow into the roadway.
The following information is from the Village website:
Snow removal will begin in the Village when three or more inches of snow have fallen on Village streets. Public Works vehicles will make four passes on each street -- two down the center and one near each curb. Depending on the volume of snow, roadways will be plowed more than once. Residents are asked to heed the following guidelines:
- Park vehicles in driveways during snowfall to allow easier street cleaning.
- Delay driveway shoveling until after streets are cleaned (to avoid violation of township ordinance).
- Avoid shoveling or blowing snow into the street (to prevent violation of township ordinance).
- Tell private contractors not to pile snow in roadways.
- Park your car to avoid protruding into the roadway or blocking the sidewalk.
- Always shovel sidewalks within 12 hours of daylight after a snowfall.
- Important: Walkway and driveway shoveling allow emergency services to access homes in the event of a fire, illness, or public safety emergency.
- Salting of roadways will begin prior to snow plowing.
Share Your Snow Photos on South Orange Patch!
Rather than grumble, grab one of those new digital devices you received this holiday season and start snapping photos.
Email your photos to Editor Eric Goodman at email@example.com. Or, download the Patch mobile app and add the photo directly from your phone.