Time to get out of the house? Ready for a new and nearby adventure? The Newark Museum is hosting Holiday Fun Days on Dec. 28, Dec. 29 and Dec. 30. The Museum will be open from 12:30–4:30 pm each day.
Here are the activities:
Celebrate the end of 2012 with a top 10 list at the Newark Museum!
10. Take photos: Take pictures on a gallery scavenger hunt
9. Dance: Get fit while learning a new dance move
8. Make Noise: Make a musical instrument and play a tune in the galleries
7. Eat: Cooking lessons for young chefs-in-training
6. Touch: Get a close up look at some of our teaching collection objects
5. Watch a movie or performance
4. Play computer games: Try our Fire Museum, Generation Fit
and Nature & Art computer games
3. Break something: be a geologist and break into a rock or geode
2. Take something home: Play our gallery games to win a prize
1. Get messy: Create an original work of art
Music Performances & Film Screenings:
Phoenix Woodwind Quintet presents: Peter & the Wolf -- Friday, 2 & 3:15 pm
The Nightmare Before Christmas -- Saturday, 2 pm
Miracle on 34th Street -- Sunday, 2 pm
Planetarium shows throughout the holidays, including "Season of Light"
NEW – Veterans & their families with valid ID – $6
Children, Seniors & Students with valid I.D.: $6
Tips: If you drive, parking is available in the Museum lot ($7) or on the street at coin-operated meters. The museum lot fills up, so plan ahead.
If you take the train,you can either walk or take the light rail from Broad Street Station. Take the Washington Park stop.
Hungry? There are usually food trucks across from the museum (diagonally) at Washington Park. They take cash.
The Museum has a cafe, as well.
Admission tip: Numerous local businesses have discounted admission. Check here.