The following is a brief unofficial recap of many items that occurred or were discussed at the February 25, 2013 BOT Meeting. Official minutes will be posted online at www.southorange.org when they are available or the video can be viewed on-demand at southorange.org/videoViewer.asp
Note: I was away on vacation for the meeting, but participated via phone.
- Adam Loehner shared an update on upcoming activites at Seton Hall
- Tony Leitner introduced the new Executive Director of SOPAC, Mark Packer. Linda Onorevole & Tony Leitner shared an update on SOPAC's performance from July 1, 2012- January 31, 2013, which included attendance of 9333 and a deficit of $51,347.
- Matt Sheedy - Expressed concern about commercial use of a home on Irving Ave.
- John Sammaro - Expressed concern about proposed plan to address traffic on Scotland Rd.
- Alyssa Aronson - Questioned the number of Municipal employees
Ordinances on Second Reading
Ordinance 2013-01 - Authorizing a license to Cablevision, passed 6-0
Ordinance 2013-02 - Setting Salary ranges for members of the OPEIU, passed 6-0
10 items passed on Consent Agenda, passed 6-0
Resolutions for Special Action
Resolution 2013-40 - Awarding a contract to Hatch Mott MacDonald for the preparation of specs for Asbestos Abatement for Village Hall, passed 5-1 (I voted "no" since I requested this be tabled to the next meeting until a full accounting of all cost estimates of the Village Hall project can be shared publicly)
Resolution 2013 - 44 - Awarding a contract to Steve Rother's firm as Village Counsel, passed 3-2-1 (Trustee Bauer and I voted "no", Trustee Gould abstained)
Resolution 2013 - 50 - Approving the Scotland Rd Traffic and Pedestrian Plan -passed 5-1 (I voted no)
Resolution 2013 - 51 - Approving a capital maintenance plan for Open Space Trust Funds, passed 4-2 (Trustee Gould and I voted "no")
Resolution 2013 - 52 - Appointing Shinell Smith as Deputy Clerk, passed 6-0
Village Counsel Updates
Occidental Litigation - there have been ongoing discussions to settle the case. Village will need to act on settlement by March 23
NextG - matter is in Discovery and should complete within 60 days
Lauryn Hill matter - drawing to a close; lease has expired; landlord extended leaseto end of this month; no response to Village pleadings; Village has filed to seek default judgement.
EOWC - actively engaged in discussions with all parties to address water quality; meeting scheduled for Wednesday.
For any questions or comments, please post below or email me at email@example.com