The following is a brief unofficial recap of many items that occurred or were discussed at the October 10, 2012 BOT Meeting. Official minutes will be posted online at www.southorange.org when they are available or the video can be viewed on-demand at southorange.org/videoViewer.asp
- Matt Sheedy - Shared concern about ineffectiveness of Municipal Prosecutor with dealing with a zoning issue.
- Scott Greenstone - Shared concern about ineffectiveness of Municipal Prosecutor with dealing with a zoning issue. Dealing with quality of life issues as a result.
Ordinances on First Reading
Ordinance 2012-19 - Ordinance to amend Village Code to provide for single stream recycling, passed 6-0
9 resolutions, passed 6-0
Resolution 2012-235, authorizing award of contract to Metarhythm for website redesign and hosting, passed 5-1
Editorial Note: I voted against this resolution because I felt that the vendor (http://www.metarhythm.com/) did not appear to have been fully vetted and proven to be a viable long-term solution for the Village.
- Administrator is reviewing budget data in preparation for 2013 budget
- 3rd & Valley development - Planning Board is reviewing updates to Redevelopment Plan; will be continued on Oct 16th
- Relocation of Rescue Squad - focusing on Village owned property adjacent to Firehouse
- Former Beifus site - framework of financial agreement is in place; Administrator anticipates an ordinance to approve the agreement at the next meeting
- Village Hall - awaiting lab report on asbestos assessment, will then go out to bid for abatement; Administrator expects to go out to bid for trailers in November and move in starting in February
Finance & IT
- Reviewing RFPs for Professional Services
- Looking at Reverse 911 products to replace C3
- Met with Munidex as a replacement for in-house cashiering system
- Village Hall email - proposal expected to be shared at next meeting
Legal and Personnel
- Discussed policy about assigning support staff for standing committees
- Performance Evaluations status - 2012 evaluations to be completed by Jan 30
- Revisiting Anti-Pay to Play ordinance to make it less restrictive
Planning & Zoning
- Met with residents to discuss options for traffic calming on Scotland Rd; Village Engineer to come back with recommendations for next meeting on Oct 17
- Additional lighting in West Montrose - forwarded recommendations to Engineer and awaiting input from Police Chief
- Suggested that residents keep their front porch lights on to improve safety all across town and to report any Gaslight outages online. All Gaslights should have 3 working mantles. If any are missing, please report them.
- Meeting on October 18
- Meeting on October 18
RFPs for Professional Services - RFPs for all professionals will be sent out in November for appointments to take effect in January.
Permit Ordinance for Use of Village Parks - Ordinance was drafted by Village Counsel in response to neighbors concerns about early morning activity in parks that was impacting quality of life. The Ordinance allows the Director of Recreation to issue a permit with restrictions on place and time. However, after a straw poll, the BOT declined 4-2 to move the ordinance forward (Trustees Rosner, Levison, DavisFord and Bauer opposed this ordinance)
Status Report on SID Budget - SID Board reviewed their proposed budget and would like to present publicly to the BOT on November 12. The job position for SID Executive Director has been posted with a goal to have the ED in place by Jan 1. Kickoff Meeting for the SID and new branding is scheduled for October 29 at SOPAC.
After much discussion, the Board agreed to revert back to the prior BOT Meeting schedule/format starting in January, which included one regular meeting and one special meeting/conference agenda. The conference agenda is used for discussion topics and the other meetings are used for "action".
For any questions or comments, please post below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org