The South Orange - Maplewood Adult School has been a part of the community since the Great Depression. Founded in 1933, the Adult School is a nonprofit educational organization that offers a wide array of affordable, high-quality classes, lectures, and trips to more than 1,600 local residents each semester.
In the summer the school offers a highly regarded children’s enrichment camp, the South Orange-Maplewood Children’s Summer Program.
And now, with the planned retirement of Sue Marcus, the Adult School seeks a new director on or about May 1, 2013.
1. BA degree, MA preferred
2. Outstanding organizational, management, interpersonal and presentation skills
3. Strong familiarity with current technology and social media
4. 7-10 years experience in a related field
5. Proven success in development of new revenue sources (fundraising)
6. Proven skills in hiring, training and supervising new staff
7. Familiarity with the community
- The position is full-time with flexible hours
- No benefits are provided
- Only those candidates who meet the requirements will receive further notification
- The start date, on or about 5/1/13, will allow for overlap of one month with current director
- The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Submit application by November 1, 2012
- A cover letter is required with the application