For three years, this quietly elegant Japanese restaurant has served its "highly authentic and traditional" dishes. The food is prepared with great care, with the teriyaki sauce alone taking nine hours to cook. There are ample appetizers as well as sushi and sashimi selections, noodles and tempura. Special rolls with intriguing names (Superman roll, Dynamite roll, Funny Side roll) are the biggest sellers. Ariyoshi features a broad choice of lunch specials, all served with soup, salad and rice, and attractively priced.
Besides the soothing oversized fish tank in the main area, Ariyoshi has two tatami rooms, elevated enclosed traditional rooms with a low wide table and seats on the covered floor (one must remove his or her shoes before entering). The restaurant is often booked for private parties, for which the waitresses dress in traditional costume; they do this on special Japanese holidays as well.
- Hours: Lunch hours: Tue - Thu, noon - 2:30pm; Fri, noon - 3:30pm; Sat - Mon, closed. Dinner hours: Tue - Thu, 5pm - 10:30pm; Fri, 5pm - 11pm; Sat, 4pm - 11pm; Sun, 4pm - 10pm; Mon, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Products: Sushi, sashimi, rolls (special rolls, hand rolls, Chef's special), tempura, udon and soba noodles, Bento box, lite and healthy
- General services: Eat-in
- Specialties: Chef's special rolls (eg, lobster roll), sushi bar
- ATM: No
- Cuisine: Japanese / Sushi
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 13
- Features: Dinner, Lunch, Private Parties
- Dress code: Upscale casual