Marylawn of the Oranges
The South Orange college preparatory school for young women is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth and was founded in 1935. The mission of Marylawn of the Oranges Academy is to prepare, motivate and challenge young women intellectually and morally, encouraging them to live according to Catholic tradition and under the spirit of the founding Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth of New Jersey.
Under the leadership of Principal Christine Lopez, Marylawn continues its tradition of academic excellence through a personalized and encouraging learning environment that has a 100% college acceptance rate and graduation rate. Marylawn graduated 15 eighth graders and 37 high school seniors in the Class of 2012, who boast $3.3 million in merit-based grants for college, an average of $90,000 per student. Marylawn of the Oranges hosts a middle and high school program for students in grades 6 – 12.
The school offers financial aid and scholarships, which are based on merit, performance on the Co-Op entrance exam and financial need. For information on tuition, be sure to call the number provided.
- Fax: 973-378-7975
- Hours: 8 am to 2:45 pm
- Founding Date: 1935
- Number of students: 150
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Accredited
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13.0
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 30
- Grade levels: 6 - 12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Marylawn Dance Company, Student Community Service
- Sports teams: Basketball, Softball, Track, Volleyball, Dance, Drill (or Step Team), Cheerleading
- Boarding: No
- Advanced placement courses: English Literature