South Orange Public Library
The library is open seven days a week. The children's room is on the ground floor, and the main library is on the second floor with stacks on the third floor.
There are 230 newspaper and magazine titles besides microfilm holdings of the New York Times and the South Orange/Maplewood News Record.
Library cards are available to South Orange residents with one form of identification that includes their address. Children can obtain library cards as soon as they're able to print their full names. Melissa Kopecky is the librarian.
- Fax: 973-762-1469
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, 9am - 9pm; Wed, 9am - 6pm; Fri, 10am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 5 pm; Sun: 2pm - 5pm. The library is closed on Saturdays during the summer.
- Handicap Accessible: There's an elevator to the second floor.
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Size of collection: 100000
- Specialties: Local town history collection.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Internet use policy: Free Wi-Fi; guest access on library PCs.
- Programs/classes: Computer class, anime club, various story times, adult video gaming, book club, children's movie screenings.
- Book donation information: There's an annual event in April. For donation during other times of the year, call in advance.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes