Temple Sharey Tefilo-Israel
Sharey-Tefilo Israel congregation consists of two temples on adjacent facilities that were merged in 1982. The former home of Temple Israel is the well-preserved Kip-Riker mansion that's used for meetings, private parties (for congregation members only), and some smaller-scale services in its chapel. The temple has a museum with items donated by members and a gift shop that's open by appointment.
Adult education includes Hebrew classes and a Shabbat scholars series. Religious school for children is broken down into K - 2; 2 - 6; 7 - 8; and high school. There's an active youth group called STISY.
The rabbis are Daniel M. Cohen and Ellie Lynn Miller; the rabbis emeritus are Harvey S. Goldman and Herbert Weiner. The cantor is Theodore Aronson.
- Fax: 973-763-3941
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 5pm; Fri, 9am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed. See the website for a list of services.
- Handicap Accessible: There's a ramp in the sanctuary.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Jewish - Reform
- Congregation size: 1000
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No